Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Steve and i'm from the panhandle of Texas. Bought this bike to be a light duty adventure/touring machine. Bike info and pics to follow in second post.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome from Florida!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2nd post with bike info

So I recently bought a used 650 with 3500 miles on it. It is in perfect condition and already had some mods I would need to make this a light duty adv/touring bike such as crash bars and skid plate. I've added Givi panniers and top box to complete the storage I would need for longer trips. I recently found a used Vstrom front 19" wheel with a good set of matching tires. I'm waiting on new bearing and seals to mount it on the bike. It was previously installed on a Versys so everything I need has already been done. Hopefully I'm headed to central Texas for a ride next month and then a couple trips to the mountains of Colorado this summer. I'll mix in a few short camping trips here and there.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice, Mr. Taz! It looks like it's ready to go!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from another Gen 2 owner.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Welcome from North Texas and from the looks of your user name a fellow firefighter. I'm a Captain in Plano and ride a 2015 650 LT. It would be cool to meet up with fellow Versys riders and those that slay the dragon! There is an IAFF riding group that some of my buddies ride with occasionally. Nice looking bike!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts