Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some photos of the bike i just took this morning. 2007 with 15,400 miles scuffed on the right mirror and right side case. Got it for $6500.00 so i think i got a pretty sweet deal. The guy wanted to knock a hundred more of the price because it was due an oil change but i told him no it wasn't necessary especially since he changes oil every 2000 miles.....http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157639656390284/ :D:yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that's real Gentleman's bike.
Hope you don't do what this guy did bike with his bike

If you've never dropped a bike then your not riding enough.:)

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you've never dropped a bike then your not riding enough.:)
And what if your wife dropped bike on you, does that count too? :)

I was planning to buy FJR 1300 when I sell V but just after one minute on the Yamaha I felt strange feeling (pain) in my hips. Also that bike was just with 5 gears and I´ve decided to not go for it. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And what if your wife dropped bike on you, does that count too? :)

I was planning to buy FJR 1300 when I sell V but just after one minute on the Yamaha I felt strange feeling (pain) in my hips. Also that bike was just with 5 gears and I´ve decided to not go for it. Just my opinion.

Like any bike that i've owned i had to make it comfortable for me. i got a short list of things to order to accomplish that. The way i have my Versys yes it is much more comfortable to me than the FJR. If the Versys had a bigger engine i would never get rid of it.:cheers:

·
Banned
895 Posts
Nice looking 'bike Joe!!:thumb: & more to the point, a well looked after 'bike.
Now.....you really need to get a new helmet to match the 'bike's paintwork!!;)

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice looking 'bike Joe!!:thumb: & more to the point, a well looked after 'bike.
Now.....you really need to get a new helmet to match the 'bike's paintwork!!;)

Been looking at the Nolan N104's not sure if i want a helmet to match the bike. They do have a wine color. But i like silver helmets and they also have a White & Black Metallic i like.

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
4 Posts
they are great bikes. have owned two. a '05 and '06. you will not be in need of more power with that one. just a heads up...the pegs will drag sooner than you expect. the V will also feel like a toy after getting off the FJR. enjoy!

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on finding such a low mileage sport touring bike. Obviously that guy didn't really tour.
Got it off a cop close to San Diego. He bought it because he wanted to be a motorcycle cop. Said he didn't make the cut and didn't ride much only works about 10 miles from home and the wife wanted him to get rid of it. She was a cop too and had worked several motorcycle wrecks lately and said the bike had to go.:yeahsmile::yeahsmile:

·
Premium Member
16,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the Nolan silver n104 and love it
hows the liner holding up? on my nolan N90 the area right above the forehead where the liner attaches busted loose after taking out to wash.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
hows the liner holding up? on my nolan N90 the area right above the forehead where the liner attaches busted loose after taking out to wash.
Only issues with mine was originally problem with internal sun visor not retracting properly but it was fixed. Also had had issues with the B4 Bluetooth system, I cooked the first two units haha but I think their was a fault with that batch, the 3rd unit has been going okay for last 15 months.

I use the B4 system to listen o music plus at times I need to take calls when dealing with tenants as have some rental properties.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts