Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 09 v last Sunday with 4500 miles on it. On my way home from the dealer I noticed that my oil pressure light had come on and then went away after a few minutes. The light stayed off until today while I was on my way home from work. I started looking thru some other threads on here and the general consensus is it is a faulty oil pressure sensor. Other than that issue I'm loving the bike it is a blast to ride and it sounds awesome with the Vance & Hines pipe the previous owner had put on it.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome , did you make sure to check your oil level? low oil will cause the light to come on in heave brakeing

·
Registered
601 Posts
Welcome! It's a great bike!

Definitely check your oil first. It's always a good idea to replace the fluids when buying a used bike. It's also an '09 with 4500 miles...hasn't been ridden a lot. Might not be a bad idea to give it a little once over, lube cables, clean and lube chain (adjust if necessary), replace brake fluid, coolant, oil and filter.

·
Super Moderator
19,458 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry its gotten me so long to get back to this post. I took the bike back to the dealer for the problem and they couldn't get it to do it for them but they did have the bike running and almost laid it down on each side. When they laid it to the right side some water come out of the bike other than that nothing was wrong. My thought is that water came from the main wire harness causing a short which made the oil pressure light to come on. Since then the light only comes on when I first turn the key to the on position like its suppost too. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts