Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just sold me his today. Has a bunch of useful accessories and I don't need to buy much. My main 3 concerns were having a windshield, heel n toe shifter and luggage rack. This one had the first and last so looking for the other one. I'm an old fart, 67 been riding for 50 years. I have a dead softail in the garage (blew the crankshaft), a dead KLR 685 (blew one of the bearings last week in Wyoming, had to trailer it back to SoCal and a dead Suzuki Savage (head leak) so last week was the last straw and decided I had to get another bike. Lucky timing since am starting a new job next week and didn't want to try lane splitting in my pickup!
Looking forward to learning more about this bike from the forum and meeting some new people.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Welcome.

Can't imagine a heal and toe shifter would work on this bike given the positioning of the shift lever wrt foot peg. You can however easily move the shift lever up or down with the adjuster. Shifting is quick and excellent with stock lever. Preloading the lever with light toe pressure (like you were going to do a clutchless upshift). just before clutch actuation will make for faster and smoother upshifts.

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heel n toe

Hi Two Wheels,
I've got one on every bike I own or have owned. I'll make it work somehow. I'm in SoCal but used to live in Ontario. You anywhere near Kitchener or St Catherines? Moved when I realized I only like to see snow on tv. Of course if your a winter sports guy it's worthwhile. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcomes

Thanks Fast Eddie and Weljo. What'd you get to replace the 09 Versys? The one I just bought is also a blue 09.

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
"Thanks Fast Eddie and Weljo. What'd you get to replace the 09 Versys? The one I just bought is also a blue 09. "

I got a '15 650LT, while Joe got a new V1 LT, tho' he DID take a side-trip via an FJR for several years....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't park it too close to the other bikes in your garage.... don't want that bad luck rubbing off on the V....

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Welcome from Norcal! My V is an 09 green model. Has the factory Kawi/Givi luggage and I added a Motowerks anti-vibe bar riser. Helps a bit.
Have fun on her!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts