Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let the farkling begin. I just bought an 08 with less than 1000 miles on it, bone stock. I hope to make some sort of dual sport out of it with the info I can get on this site. So far I do love the bike, even if I need a small ladder to get on it.:)
So far my biggest concern is getting proper luggage on it. I think I want 1550 pelican cases on the sides and some good racks with quick release. I have a 52 liter Givi top box for my ST1300 that I may interchange for the top purpose?
I've ordered heated grips, a volt meter and today installed a larger windscreen and Aprilla Tuono mirrors.
If any of you want to suggest your must have farkles, (for gravel travel) please let me know.
Ride Safe,
Joe

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:small ladder funny but did do a track down once and a very short women turned up with a homemade single step tied on the rear seat for her to use during the day, it was not a versys.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcome:small ladder funny but did do a track down once and a very short women turned up with a homemade single step tied on the rear seat for her to use during the day, it was not a versys.
It is a little tall for me but the lower weight more than compensates. I swapped an ST1300 in NZ 6 months ago and toured for 6 weeks. Loved your country and had a great time. Seems like a Versys would be a great bike for your roads. It feels real good in the curves and I have a lot of curvy roads here in West Virginia.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Hello olegeezer, forgive me if I'm outta line here but if you need a step stool to get on you may want to also look into lowering the bike or the seat or both, for your comfort and safety.

Uneven ground and loose gravel can spell disaster for "me" if I can't get a good foot down.

:cheers: Enjoy your Versys!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Joe. I too find the V a bit tall but I ride a lot in traffic and the height gives a definite sight advanage. That being said, I have had several low to no speed "plops". I don't know if crash bars are considered a farkle or not but they sure have saved me a bunch of collateral damage.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grandpa Ron, I think I want to take this bike off road (within reason). I guess off road can mean different things but I don't want to reduce the ground clearance unless I feel it has to be lowered. I'm sure a lowering kit would be more comfortable.
Buckeye, Crash/tip over protection would be on my list too and I consider safety devices as farkles also.
Added a voltmeter to the dash today.. this farkling is fun but it's going to be expensive. Can't wait to get the luggage on and take a long trip on it.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts