Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Howdy, all, from NW Arkansas. Getting to know my '08 Versys. I have owned 4 BMWs, Triumph, Honda, Vespas, and HD over the years. Sadly, our great BMW dealer closed, so I went hunting for something different. I'm really impressed with the Versys so far. I will probably upgrade the seat, but no complaints otherwise. Very well mannered machine. This one only had 17k miles and had been sitting for a while, so I am going to flush and bleed all the things. Getting the oil filter off was quite the adventure, too. It has a good service history until it went "out of service" around 2013. Chain is new and tires are good but a bit old. Upgraded brakes with steel lines. I'm still getting it dialed in as far as suspension. I would appreciate any tips for the 1st gens! :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
You will grow very old waiting for the shock to be toasted, I changed after about 3 years or so for ride comfort. A few of us here in the forum have done so but not immediately.

·
Super Moderator
19,176 Posts
WELCOME aboard!

I TOO have an '08. Suggestions:
1. replace the front master cylinder w/ the one from either an '09 V650 OR '09 Ninja650 for WAY-Y BETTER brakes;
DSC09673 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr
2. add mirror extensions;
DSC09672 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr
3. a better horn;
DSC03573 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr
4. raise the front of your seat (send me a 'Conversation' for the "HOW-TO" pics);
seat rise1 by Ed Copeman, on Flickr

FYI - I have OVER 92,000 MILES on mine!!!

(y)(y)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These are great suggestions, and I am sure I will follow up after I get moved. One question: I see nearly every example of Gen 1s with cracked grab handles, even used parts. I guess TADT? Is there an aftermarket replacement?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts