Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi other versys riders out there. I have been riding my v since new, june 08. I still love it. I had been living in the country so had been doing some trails on my KLR650. When i moved back to the city i found the 2 hour ride to the dirt roads way to slow and boring so i traded up to a versys. I found that it worked just fine on dirt roads. All my buddies were amazed that the V could handle it so well, they had taken odds on when i was going to wipe out. Still haven't.
I been riding for over 35 years and am more afraid to go on the public roads than ever before so i started going to the local race track for "track school" once a month on the V and it is superb.The only problem is being bombed by the superbikes down the straights but i can always overtake under brakes. I have watched at least 5 guys on superbikes out brake themselves and end up in the kitty litter because they cant stand being overtaken by a small bike. ha ha.
I have fitted hand guards, screen, tail tidy, a Scorch aftermarket exhaust, power commander and air filter. I only fit the tall screen when on the open road.

I want to sort out the forks as the dive when hitting brakes is massive and unsettling but it handles sweet (bridgestone battle axe 014) scraping footpegs easy.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
IThe only problem is being bombed by the superbikes down the straights but i can always overtake under brakes. I have watched at least 5 guys on superbikes out brake themselves and end up in the kitty litter because they cant stand being overtaken by a small bike. ha ha.
:welcome:and i really like your track experince as in the tight corners the v is a lot of fun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts