Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at the Versys since it debuted in 2008. I have never found a dealer in my area that had one in stock or would have let me test ride one if they had.
Found a private seller on craigslist with one for sale. 2008 red with 1100 miles. I went to test ride that and a 2003 Z1000 with 3500 miles. Both showroom condition. After riding both, i bought the Versys. Weird because i have always wanted a Zed. Oh well....i got a super deal on the Vee and it was alot more fun to ride.
I have been reading up on the Versys here for the past week or so, and it seems that you all love your bikes. I wrench on my bikes constantly, i change my own tires, i hate dealerships and dealership prices. I look forward to being a member of this forum, and will contirbute anything i can.

Later.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I wrench on my bikes constantly, i change my own tires, i hate dealerships and dealership prices. I look forward to being a member of this forum, and will contirbute anything i can.
Congrats on the decision, you wont regret it, we share a common attitude on the service aspect, wrenching is a big part of the total motorcycle experience for me..

·
Premium Member
7,946 Posts
:welcome:totalresistance.

I am a wrench monkey and love that part of it, where you spend hours doing nothing but dismantle and assemble.:D

:cheers:

·
Registered
489 Posts
:welcome: Howdy from Houston, the new capitol of Messico (as Larry the Cable Guy says). I have to confess, I had to google Fayettenam. Enjoy the new ride! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Welcome aboard!
It's a great forum, for a great bike, and a bunch of great owners!
Seems you have to be a little above average in intelligence to choose this type of bike. :D

Nothing I own goes to a dealer (stealer) unless there's just no other choice (like if factory warranty is going to pay. :p)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.
i can't wait to leave work to go ride.
i need to see what this thing can do.
40 mins

1 - 11 of 11 Posts