Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought two new Dunlop Roadsmart Sport Touring tires for my Versys off the internet from Moto X Outlet and was very pleased with their price and service. The rear tire was about $125 and the front about $100 plus $25 shipping and no tax. I was told I'd get them in 7-10 business days and got them in 2 days. Now I have to get them put on my bike. My stock tires have close to 4,000 miles on them and the rear one is getting bald.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Geez, I have 4000 miles and looks like I can go another 3000 till I am worn out, have roadsmart for front and anakee 2 for rear waiting!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Burn Out

Believe or not I've never burned out on the Versys. But, I do like to get on it sometimes when I'm shifting. Also, something I noticed making a video. My tires chirping when downshifing not using the brakes much. I never heard this with my helment on. A guy at work also told me that if you had your bike on some white cement and got on it while shifting, that you would actually see marks on the cement where your tire spun little bit. My new Dunlop Roadsmarts are holding up much better so far then the original tires. After a long ride they don't look as wore down with that fresh wear mark on your tires.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You may want to try letting the clutch out a little slower on your downshifts and using the throttle to match the revs to the gear you're downshifting to - it'll likely be a bit smoother on top of helping with your tire wear.

I'm interested in hearing how those tires work out - good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts