Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front tire, this time. Check out the flat spot worn in the OE tire!

This is a 2016 V1K with over 8500 miles.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had some trouble getting the new tire to seat, due to the cold. Set it on a space heater for a while and tried again. It was a little strange watching the tire grow. Lol.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. I used dish soap mixed with water, just like the last tire. It was just cold and uncooperative.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's amazing just how much slipping you learn to tolerate with an old tire. New one feels like it's made of glue!

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Don't recognize the tread pattern.

What make and model it your new Tar?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quick update...

I have a progressive vibration from the front, starting at about 80mph (indicated). At 90 it's downright distracting. I guess I'll be picking up a tire balancer next week.

·
Super Moderator
19,947 Posts
Quick update...

I have a progressive vibration from the front, starting at about 80mph (indicated). At 90 it's downright distracting. I guess I'll be picking up a tire balancer next week.
Have you thought about using "Dyna Beads"? I've had them on various bikes (including THREE V650s) for OVER 165,000 miles, and they work PDG for me, w/ NO vibes, and that is w/ street, adv, and full-knobby rubber!

I use 'generic' beads BTW.

IF you want more info on the 'generic' beads - send me a PM.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you thought about using "Dyna Beads"? I've had them on various bikes (including THREE V650s) for OVER 165,000 miles, and they work PDG for me, w/ NO vibes, and that is w/ street, adv, and full-knobby rubber!

I use 'generic' beads BTW.

IF you want more info on the 'generic' beads - send me a PM.
Pm sent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts