Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice! Congratulations. I know you S10 guys have been waiting patiently for your bikes to arrive. I have no doubt all the waiting was quickly forgotten the second you fired that beast up!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Congratulations. I know you S10 guys have been waiting patiently for your bikes to arrive. I have no doubt all the waiting was quickly forgotten the second you fired that beast up!
:exactly::exactly: and thank you.

I had no intentions of getting rid of my Versys, but I suddenly find myself asking what I will now use it for. Going to wait until spring so that I know it is not a rash move.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Nice toy, I always used to be a Yamahogie rider but I didn't think they were going to bring the Super T to our side of the pond for a few more years so I bought a Versys to hold me over until they got here. How do you like that new brake system on the Super T?

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice toy, I always used to be a Yamahogie rider but I didn't think they were going to bring the Super T to our side of the pond for a few more years so I bought a Versys to hold me over until they got here. How do you like that new brake system on the Super T?

Thank you, I'm having a ball! The ABS system is very nice so far but I have only ridden on tarmac. Closing in on the 600 mile break-in service for tomorrow morning and Fed Ex is to deliver my engine guards (concerned about the side radiator) today and will hopefully get them installed tomorrow...then I will test the ABS on multi-surfaces. Have already selected the slope in my pasture for the offroad test :)eek: just as well crash close to home should it happen :eek:). Will report back soon I hope.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Nice Bike! :thumb:

Nice Roads! :thumb:

Nice Video! :thumb:

Ain’t nothin’ better than a good ride on a good bike & then going home and being greeted by a good dog :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
OMG!!!!! that's one Beautiful 'fugly' bike.....(mind you I didn't say butt-ugly as that would be bad .....FUGLY:thumb: is most definitely a compliment !!!! After all, I'm in love with one of the fugliest bikes on the road...our "V"!).

...and love that smile on your face at the end:clap:
:cheers:
Ride safe.
Be well.
Peace.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Very nice, as always spklbuk. Made me smile.:thanx:

Told my wifey 'bout your new aquisition and she says "don't get any ideas".

I said "not to worry I'd have to sell the V first and I don't want to do that!!!"

Then she says "just kidding, do what you like".

WELL THEN?

Moving to West Virginia and buying a Super Tenere may not be quite what she had in mind though! lol. ENJOY!:cheers:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are nice machines. I had the chance to test ride one. I seriously considered it over the Versys. But I couldn't afford the price tag.

Enjoy that sweet little beasty!
If I ever slip out from behind the poor farm fence, maybe they will just put me down and the misery will be over!

Riding my Versys is what inspired me to start saving as soon as the rumors of the Tenere surfaced...the bottom line still (and will)stings like a po'ed yellow jacket though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
@ Hardware...yep a man can't have too many dogs and motorcycles and thanks, glad you enjoyed the vid.

@ BAMF...a little more caution required when turning around on a tight spot as she has long legs, but after you are underway it really does disappear. Yammie got the weight distribution VERY right. Most intuitive bike I've ever ridden; think it and it goes...even better than the Versys.

@stagehand38...I ride one o' dem ugly Versyi too ya know. I'm not sure either of the two will win any beauty contest for outward appearance; but as you already know outside ain't where to look in their case. As for the grin, I seem to be doin' that a lot lately!

@Grandpa Ron...tell Grandma Ron that moving to WV has yet another advantage, you already got a fishin' buddy living here! :eek:penarms: And btw, she's a keeper! Thanks, I plan to enjoy the new toy with every fiber I can muster.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts