Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Twisted Throttle told me the 2010 V Givi touring screen would be available end of June, although they're taking orders now. I ordered one 10 days ago. And waiting now.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
That GIVI is a smart looking piece of work.

·
Registered
603 Posts
I just heard today from Twisted Throttle that it would be "another two weeks" before the Givi 2010 V windscreen arrives in the U.S. Meantime, today, the CalSci 2010 V windscreen arrived. Looks good. The medium CalSci shield is about 1.5" longer/taller than the 09 V MikeShield GT windscreen. Looks good. They sent it all nicely wrapped, with cleaning fluid and a nice soft towel. Also sent along a nice tire pressure guage.

It's a nice heavy shield (about .008" thicker than the MikeShield GT). They made attaching brackets out of the clear, heavy windscreen plastic. The screen itself looks like a standard, pre-2010 windshield. A nice simple approach. With the brackets, should be able to mount other, readily available windshields. I'll try it this weekend.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I’ve had the Givi on order thru my dealer for almost 2 months. A few days ago he called the Givi USA distributor again and they said it’d be available in another 2-1/2 weeks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
You must have bought the extra tall?It is gigantic. I just installed a Givi tall screen for my 10. When it stops raining i will go check it out.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just installed a large CalSci on my '10 and it works great! I started with it in the low position but it was hitting the front brake lever at full lock so I raised it up. I only tested it on the high setting in "Squid Mode" in front of my house for about a mile and it really makes a difference. I had it on yesterday in the low position and rode for about 20 miles hitting triple digits just to make sure. It was cool to be able to hear the engine instead of a bunch of wind all over my helmet. I can ride with my face shield open at 75MPH and there is NO buffeting. In fact, this large version might be too tall for my 5'11" 32" height but I'll keep testing it. I can relax and look right through the top or sit up and lean forward a bit to see over it, but still get very little wind noise. I don't do much winter riding but with this, I'm sure I can. In the high setting, the brake lever just barely rests on it at full lock and is much better than the low setting.
That is one huge screen! Thats bigger than the one I had on my BMW RT. Do you get a windshield wiper kit with it?

·
Premium Member
16,305 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I have the CalSci windscreen on both my 09 V and my 2010 V. On the 10 V, the screen hit my Barkbuster handguards. After talking to CalSci, I got out my Dremel grinder with a 1/2 inch grinding wheel and simply ground away the part of the screen that was hitting. The grinding worked fine. No problems. The screen now clears. I later lowered the screen a bit; and ground away a bit more for clearance.

Don't be worried about grinding. The material CalSci uses seems to be very friendly to drilling and grinding.

·
Registered
60 Posts
New GIVI

Got mine today... absolutely LOVE it, both looks and functionality!! Check out the before/after shots...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Got mine today... absolutely LOVE it, both looks and functionality!!
When I first saw pics of the Givi screen for the 2010 I wondered whether the shape was designed in a wind tunnel or if it was just some Italian artists idea of what looked good... Now that I’ve used it I have to think it was the former — or that the artist got really, really lucky :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts