Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Versys X300 ABS here.

When I turn the key from the ON position to OFF, I hear a series of three hums and a hard clicking sound. What is this? I don't remember hearing it before. When I got home today, I heard it and thought it was my cellphone vibrating, but its coming from the kickstand side under the seat.

Is this normal and I'm a dummy that never noticed it before? Or is this something that needs to be addressed?

Thanks all!

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
2022 Versys X300 ABS here.

When I turn the key from the ON position to OFF, I hear a series of three hums and a hard clicking sound. What is this? I don't remember hearing it before. When I got home today, I heard it and thought it was my cellphone vibrating, but its coming from the kickstand side under the seat.

Is this normal and I'm a dummy that never noticed it before? Or is this something that needs to be addressed?

Thanks all!
My 2017 definitely makes some hums and clicks ... but I never thought it was unusual. I'll try to pay attention next time I shut down and see if it matches your description 馃槈

Happy Thursday!

JT

Registered
2021 Versys X300, black/grey, stock, OEM hard cases, centre stand, hand guards,givi crash bars.
Normal fuel pump prime and meterings , solenoid clicks, and the direction signal that I always forget to cancel. I am always surprised by the sounds when I start ignition before I put the helmet on.
Still missing my old horses with the morning squeak of the fuel cock, and gentle thwunks of the chokes.
Hope your X is okay.

Registered
09 v650
for the longest time i heard this manic rattling sound, but only as I was pulling away at slower speeds.
It drove me crazy till I found it was the foot pad on the kickstand coming slightly loose. I have one of those "larger foot" pad thingies you get cheap on ebay.

Anyway. two seconds of tightening them down and it was just the "normal" noises again.

Font Gadget Musical instrument accessory Auto part Bumper
Font Electric blue Rectangle Logo Number

Super Moderator

Registered
I replaced the plugs and air filter on my 650, and to do so you have to take the tank off. Once I had everything back together, and started it up, I was hearing noises I hadn't heard before (besides the fuel pump). After much research, I found those noises were completely normal and had been there since the bike was new, but I had never really paid that much attention to them before. Plus, I normally put my ear plugs in just prior to starting the bike.

So long story short, I thought the noises were odd, but only really paid attention because I was searching for something wrong, since I just worked on it. But the noises were there since new.

Registered
for the longest time i heard this manic rattling sound, but only as I was pulling away at slower speeds.
It drove me crazy till I found it was the foot pad on the kickstand coming slightly loose. I have one of those "larger foot" pad thingies you get cheap on ebay.

Anyway. two seconds of tightening them down and it was just the "normal" noises again.

View attachment 190390 View attachment 190391
I put a dab of Loctite on my three screws. I have the green Versys pad.

Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300 (non ABS)
My 2017 definitely makes some hums and clicks ... but I never thought it was unusual. I'll try to pay attention next time I shut down and see if it matches your description 馃槈

Happy Thursday!

JT
Yep ... same sounds. These new "high tech" bikes sound a little like R2D2 when turning them on and off !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts