1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome aboard. I see you are also on ADV Rider. Since you own both, Versys X-300 and Ninja 300, can you please tell me what the difference in RPM's and speed differ with 4 teeth less on the Ninja. Basically, is it worth dropping 4 teeth on the Versys X-300?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome aboard. I see you are also on ADV Rider. Since you own both, Versys X-300 and Ninja 300, can you please tell me what the difference in RPM's and speed differ with 4 teeth less on the Ninja. Basically, is it worth dropping 4 teeth on the Versys X-300?
I think the VX300 evens out the gearing for the top gears as compared to the ninja 300. At around 60mph, the engine is spinning around 7k rpm which is close to what the ninja 300 does.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So unless I'm missing something, its best to leave it alone. Thanks
after a few more rides, I think that even at the top gear, the vx300 is geared ever so lower than the ninja 300.... I did several runs on the fwy with it this weekend and saw that at 75mph, it's hovering just a little below 9k rpm.... it does translate to better acceleration off the line and smoother top gear acceleration... here's a video of one of rides this weekend which I was pinning it and I was pretty happy how the bike reacted....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts