Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've just had my 650 for a week. Still shifting around to see where the "right" position will be. The seat's not bad - after a few hours in the saddle I needed a break but word is that after breakin they're better.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I find the original seat just fine. Have done 300km without a stop without a problem. Definitely not going to change the seat.

BruceC

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
If it's the same seat as my 2012, and Motojunkee says it's the same part number, I'd start saving for a replacement if I were you. The Seat Concepts kit is a very good option IMHO. I was so impressed with it I sold the Sargent's Saddle off my KLR for a kit for it after riding the Versys the the Seat concepts kit for a year. The kit cost about half the price but I love it!

Take a poll here and you'll find it likely the most popular choice.

·
Super Moderator
18,968 Posts
If it's the same seat as my 2012, and Motojunkee says it's the same part number, I'd start saving for a replacement if I were you. The Seat Concepts kit is a very good option IMHO. I was so impressed with it I sold the Sargent's Saddle off my KLR for a kit for it after riding the Versys the the Seat concepts kit for a year. The kit cost about half the price but I love it!

Take a poll here and you'll find it likely the most popular choice.
Spend your money however you like, but I raised the front of the seat in BOTH my Vs in the first week or so, and I've NEVER had a problem since. TOTAL co$t - about $2 each, and I've ridden MANY high-mileage days. Two longer metric bolts, several more washers, and a 'bridge' piece, and you're good-to-go!

That is what a LOT of us did when the '08s first hit the US of A...!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Spend your money however you like, but I raised the front of the seat in BOTH my Vs in the first week or so, and I've NEVER had a problem since. TOTAL co$t - about $2 each, and I've ridden MANY high-mileage days.
You need to write a book of bike tricks. It's always interesting to see how you do things. You have so many iconoclastic solutions to things.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The seat feels the same on my new 15 as my 09 felt. I have a used Sargent I just bought coming this week and can't wait. I actually like the position of the stock seat but after a couple of hours I get ass burn due to the soft foam. I used a sheepskin and an Airhawk on my 09 but don't want to be doing all that anymore. The Sargent seemed like the best choice for me after doing a bunch of reading, a lot of it on this site. Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got the Sargent. I only have about 200 miles on it so it's still breaking in to my ass compared to the previous owner. Great seat. It puts you up a little higher and in a sportier riding position which I like as I'm leaning into the bars more. Wider then stock but the foam is way better and don't get my balls smashed into the tank. My wife loves the pillion which is bigger then stock. The rider position is shorter then the stock seat to the back hump by a little but no issue for me as I ride with my legs some too so I'm further up anyway. :goodidea:

·
Registered
71 Posts
I got a new seat on my '13. It's lower and more comfortable. It also slides me forward a bit but I don't have any junk to worry about.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Went ahead and ordered the Sargent. Can't deal with the compressed junk any longer...
(Had a Sargent on my V-Strom, and the improvement was epic...)

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Well... put the Sargent on the bike, and the difference is *still* epic.
When I first got on, it felt like a Corbin (much firmer than the stock). But, soon realized that's the *problem* with the stocker -- too cushy -- very good for the first 1/2 hour or so... then... ugghhh...

It's about 1/4" taller (due to the firmer foam), and it doesn't slide you into the tank at hard stops (no more compressed junk). The material is less tacky, so it doesn't hang up your pants when you *want* to slide forward or back...

Butt comfort is one of the most personal, and varied experiences on a bike... so, I can only speak from my own... experience. Huge improvement... for me.

Sargent on the left:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Picked up my 2015 a week ago. It was ok on short rides of 1-2 hours but I went on a 4 hour ride this weekend and my lower back couldn't take anymore. I'm long legged (34" inseam) While the seat is high off the ground the relationship to the pegs was cramped. I ordered the footpeg lowering kit from Motowerk. If that doesn't do the trick I'll order a more spacious aftermarket seat. Something that allows me to move back another inch.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
I got a new seat on my '13. It's lower and more comfortable. It also slides me forward a bit but I don't have any junk to worry about.
What did you get, the Kawasaki low gel seat?

You can raise it up like a poster demonstrated in this thread, ... if you want to.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts