Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call it mid-life crisis (54yo) or call it "I'm envious of all the bikers I see all spring/summer", but I've decided to start riding. I'll be taking the MSF class next weekend and I'm wondering if in your honest opinion the Versys is the right machine for the first time rider?

Regards,

Martin
Sussex County, NJ

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Yes.yes, yes and did i say yes, my wife got her own bike but when she rides the V she said its like a machine in cruise control it goes around corners for you

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm a RIDER who returned to the bike after not having a motorcycle for 28years and I found the V so easy to ride once on the move but would say if height is an issue for a first time rider the V may not be the best choice.

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1 MrGawf.
It is a great, light and balanced bike but it is tall. Not sure if I would have wanted to learn on it.
If height isn't a problem than you won't be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
7,808 Posts
I come back to bike after a long absence and the V is the first 650 for me. Before the V all my bikes were 250. The v is easy to handle and is forgiving. If you are 5 6" and above should be of no problem. It can be lowered if you have landing gear problem-flat footing. :goodluck:
:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts