Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking for a bit while I was deciding whether or not to go for a Versys. I'm new to motorcycling and while this is technically my second bike purchase I never actually rode my first bike...

I found a great deal on a brand new 09 Versys in green about an hour or so away, took the plunge and my 70 mile ride home was my first ride outside of a safety course. Took the backroads so I could vary speeds and break it in proper.

I couldn't imagine getting a more perfect bike, I'm still a little bit in shock that I got it. :thanx:
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
:welcome: You sure have some beautiful area to ride in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome from colorado!

Welcome to the family! and the forum...Green 09..awesome choice I must say..send some pics......:welcome::cheers:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first bike was a 1980 Yamaha XS400 that was chopped into a bobber. It looked cooler than it ran and my wife accidentally recycled my title before I could register it. It was a long ordeal trying to contact the previous owner again and eventually I settled on selling it at a big loss with no title, but used that money for my down payment on the Versys. It worked out quite nicely in the end.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a photo of the bobber. I'll need to take some photos of my Versys, but it's stock so it looks like all the others right now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a 2011 Versys on July 2nd, and really love this bike!!! I traded a 2006 750 Vulcan in on it. I'm 43 and been riding for over 30 years, having gotten my first mini-bike at age 7. I've had many, many bikes over the years and the Versys is by far my favorite to this point (and that's saying alot). I am new to this forum (this is my first post) and have enjoyed reading. I live in Southwest Va and am getting ready to buy a house in Lebanon, Va.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts