Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just took a basic course here in Calgary, planning to get licensed right away (Passed the knowledge test yesterday, just need to do the road test). Picked up a red 08 versys the other day and can't wait to get out and ride it. I expect based on all the reviews that this is going to be the right bike for me for hopefully quite a while. Been lurking, and have made a couple posts so far, but thought I'd officially Chime in to say HI!

Cheers,
Noland

·
Registered
145 Posts
Good stuff. I'm located in Edmonton, but come down to Calgary quite a bit on the bike. I know a guy in Red Deer with a Versys as well. Perhaps a little riding one weekend this summer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you need gear, check out Performance Cycle & Auto there and talk to Mike in parts. He's been AWESOME to deal with and I'm 1200km away!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Welcome Noland , Im in the Red Deer Area so perhaps are path may cross this summer ...
enjoy Your new toy ..:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome, and helpful suggestions everyone!! Took the V for a ride this weekend. Calgary to Canmore with a group of friends. Couldn't wipe the smile off my face despite rain, snow, and cold temps. Had a great ride along 1a from Cochrane to Canmore. Quick warm up at the starbucks in Canmore, then back to Cochrane for lunch and home again. Having never ridden the thing before buying it, I'm happy to say that I am pleased to find the bikes performs as well as expected based on all I'd read about it.

For the local members here, send me a PM with your E-mail, and I'll keep you on the list when my buddies and I are planning another ride together. Perhaps you'll join us.

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts