Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I'm taking a class at the end of this month to learn how to ride and soon after I will be getting a bike. I stopped by a few dealerships just to sit on a few and get an idea of what I want. The Versys caught my eye! I'm 6'3 and this bike is cooooommmmmfy!! I also had my eye on a Yamaha FZ6 and a Ninja 650R, but the Versys... in green/black... has won my heart. Hopefully I'll have one soon and will be able to share with you all. If you happen to see a used one around please keep me in mind :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I learned on a 250 2 years ago. I've had the versys 2 days and am quite happy with the choice so far!

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome: to the forum.

You love the Versys...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Welcome for the forums.... If it helps I was on this forum for ~3 years before I owned the bike.

I am 6'4" ~165 and it is a perfect fit... granted the snow is still on the ground where the fun roads are around me but I feel comfortable on the bike and it is the first bike I have owned.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I PM'd you. My green Versys is up for sale. Happy to send you details if you are anywhere near Salt Lake City.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Messaged you back.

Thanks for the welcome everyone. I'm 6'3 175lbs, and it's sounding more and more like this will be a perfect bike. I'm so excited, can't wait to ride!:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Here's my 6'3" self on my Versys. I got a used one for $4,400 then added a lot of things (see my web page)

I got a 23" parabellum screen, but it's actually about 2"+ too short to keep the wind noise down.
Hey, don't mean to frighten you... but I'm pretty sure there's a munchkin there on the back seat! If he had antennae on that helmet... well, it would be more scary :) hehehe

Is that a seat belt for him? very awesome stuff bro ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's my 6'3" self on my Versys. I got a used one for $4,400 then added a lot of things (see my web page)

I got a 23" parabellum screen, but it's actually about 2"+ too short to keep the wind noise down.
Sweet bike! I would get that thing on the back checked out though... could be serious :D I'm not too fond of blue for some reason, although the bike still looks nice. Do the bags have any effect on how the bike handles? What with it being so tall and upright, I feel like it might become too top heavy? I don't really know I've never ridden before so it's just a novice question I guess...

·
Registered
430 Posts
@AZItLies - Since his prior ride was a HOG sidecar, I did the seat-belt and the high-passenger pegs so he'd feel more secure.

@SauceyFeet - My prior one, two bikes ago was green (reminded me of my 1978 KZ400.) I don't notice the bags when driving. The top case only has light items like Gerbings heated gloves. The sidecases have tools, oil, pants, etc.

·
Registered
430 Posts
...I got a 23" parabellum screen, but it's actually about 2"+ too short ...
Parabellum said not to add a lip at the top of the windshield because additional length would stress the mounts.

I'm going with plan b and buying MadStad adjustable brackets from twistedthrottle.com since the brackets can raise the windshield 2" as well as tilt it.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm taking a class at the end of this month to learn how to ride and soon after I will be getting a bike.
:welcome: The V was my first bike, bought a few weeks after my course.

I think it is a great first bike.

Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
770 Posts
I find wind screens work best when they keep the wind off the body so it strikes at neck level. Too high and I get buffeting plus I like the vents in my helmet to work.

·
Registered
58 Posts
No question about it, you should buy one. My '09 was my first bike after retiring from my motocross career ten years ago. I was apprehensive the first time I threw a leg over, but the bike is so comfortable and easy to ride my fears were immediately put to rest. I know a few guys that are hardcore rocket riders, fzr and cbr, after riding my Versys they're thinking about trading their bikes in for one. You can't argue with that.

·
Registered
430 Posts
...I'm going with plan b and buying MadStad adjustable brackets from twistedthrottle.com since the brackets can raise the windshield 2" as well as tilt it.
I installed the brackets today. One big plug is that, even with my big Parabellum windshield mounted, I can raise and tilt it so that I can take off the plastics. This is useful since I frequently play with my wiring.

Once I finish my GPS swap, I will take it for a spin and try it out.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm taking a class at the end of this month to learn how to ride and soon after I will be getting a bike. I stopped by a few dealerships just to sit on a few and get an idea of what I want. The Versys caught my eye! I'm 6'3 and this bike is cooooommmmmfy!! I also had my eye on a Yamaha FZ6 and a Ninja 650R, but the Versys... in green/black... has won my heart. Hopefully I'll have one soon and will be able to share with you all. If you happen to see a used one around please keep me in mind :)
Major life change on the way! :thumb: Riding is so much fun :) and practical to :D :goodluck:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts