Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I'm a second year biker now and chose the versys as my first bike...and couldn't be happier! I'm starting to look into mods I can do now for a more enjoyable ride and just overall looks which led me here!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Hi everyone! I'm a second year biker now and chose the versys as my first bike...and couldn't be happier! I'm starting to look into mods I can do now for a more enjoyable ride and just overall looks which led me here!
Welcome from the National Capital Region.

Just some suggestions.....
  • SW-Motech crash bars are a really great mod. They will save you a lot of grief and money if you ever drop or crash your bike. Mine have paid for themselves many times over.
  • IMO the SW-Motech rear rack is better than the Givi rear rack if you are installing a top box. I have the Givi but wish I had bought the SW-Motech one. This is because it is lighter aluminum, does not rust, and replaces the heavy rear grab handles
  • Heated grips (Oxford) are a really great option to have in this climate
  • A touring windshield keeps you warmer and is nice on the highway
  • If you have a gen 1 bike after market mirrors make the bike look a lot better and greatly improve rear view as they stick out further to the side. With the Aprilia mirrors you do not need mirror extenders.
  • Front and rear fender extenders help keep the bike cleaner and look nice IMO
  • I have a set of Barkbuster Storm hand guards for sale with the Versys fitment kit along with a new Speedies peg lowering kit if you are looking to add these options

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone. Not quite sure yet what I'm going to do, but looking around has given me some ideas so far

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from a neighbor to the NORTH! :usa:
You can mod these anywhere from a nekid streetfighter, a full on dual sport, a supermotard, or just a plain ole' V It's all up to you and your PayPal account:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts