Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2008 Versys had the normal fairing rattle that i fixed with stick on foam. but it still has a bad rattle coming from inside the gauges. i tried putting straws around the buttons as another member recommended but if i shake the gauges it rattles like a toy. i took the back off the gauges and the rattle is coming from behind the tachometer LCD. so i cut six small squares of 3/8-1/2 inch foam and mounted the gauges with foam on both sides of the mount. i needed to use longer screws and the gauge moves a bit when i push the buttons but amazingly the rattle is gone.

·
Registered
178 Posts
My Green Buzzzzz.......

10,000 Miles of Rattles and Buzzing is getting old to my love affair with this damn near perfect motorcycle......:mad: Could a better engine counterbalancer be the secret to perfection ???? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
944 Posts
It is pretty buzzy, nature of the beast with a P-twin though. Rotax has a fancy counter-balancer on the BMW F800 Twins. Works pretty good at idle and low RPM running, but where the Vs is singing along at 8k, the Beemers are Vibey as all get out. I don't know that there is a solution that would be good for all rpms, and I can live with a few buzz-zones to get the terrific engine character that we have on the Vs.
I find that I enjoy the Vs more with ear plugs in; I used to wear them just for longer and or higher speed rides, but the Vs is more fun with them in. All the Spunk, and no Buzz.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts