Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after reading a couple threads I'm hesitant to post, sorry if it's redundant but...I'm about to try to put on my new yoshimura TRC-D slip-on on. I have no experience doing this sort of thing so I thought I might ask you guys for a bit of advice. I'm not worried about putting it on really, just wondering if there is anything I should know beforehand. Do I need it tuned Before I start it to hear it? Any no-no's? can I do it on the kickstand on my floor without a huge mess? Things like that, I appreciate the help in advance.

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Very simple install.Make sure to loosen up the headers it will make your day go better. Leave everything loose until fitted properly.Just don't lose any stock parts you won't need for the Yosi. They are a little pricey(Don't ask me how i know) You can do it just on the kickstand but an rear lift would be better.

IMG_0766 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Thank you, just the kind of reassurance I was looking for

Anytime,

Some guys had issues with the rear tire being in the way. No need to take off the tire, .Thats why i said to loosen the headers. I took my headers off and attached the exhaust to them then aligned everything went on super easy that way.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Very simple install.Make sure to loosen up the headers it will make your day go better. Leave everything loose until fitted properly.Just don't lose any stock parts you won't need for the Yosi. They are a little pricey(Don't ask me how i know) You can do it just on the kickstand but an rear lift would be better.

IMG_0766 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Hey Joseph

Is that a cat right below the rear brake, in that bulge section of the pipe that is chromed up ?

LOP

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Hey Joseph

Is that a cat right below the rear brake, in that bulge section of the pipe that is chromed up ?

LOP

Nope no cat. That just where the header slips into the pipe..

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, figured might as well go big. Is repacking something I could do myself? Or do you normally have it done for you?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I've never had to repack a can. Maybe I should have, but I don't think you'll have to do it anytime soon. I think it requires riveting the cover back on. My gixxer exhaust is 7 years old and I'm not seeing a need to repack...

·
Premium Member
16,111 Posts
Haha, figured might as well go big. Is repacking something I could do myself? Or do you normally have it done for you?

I had mine on the bike 4 years and 20,000 miles didn't need to re-pack but you can have it done at Cycle Gear i have heard.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got it on and good to go after an hour and a half, minor setbacks reading the instructions, but fairly simple. Absolutely love it, and now I want more! Video does little justice, also its in my basement so sound could be better lol http://youtu.be/eNKVI2nCctA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thank you! I live in Wisconsin, been a long winter, next weekend is supposed to be 42F might have to take a little ride during the heat wave!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts