Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I painted the trellis sub-frame gloss red (Rustolium).
I also painted the radiator covers and footstay covers satin black (Krylon Fusion).
Finally, I de-badged the bike.

I can't get over how close of a match the Rustolium is.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I really like the looks of the black rad covers & footstay covers. I've been thinking about doing mine a dark gray. I may do that and go black if the gray doesn't do well. Very nice looking.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I likey. I have a black V and am considering doing a black out on it. This is the first time I've seen the footstay covers painted, it looks really good.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nice!

So how did you go about pinting the trellis red? Did you remove it from the bike? Or just carefully worked it? Also... I'm assuming you sanded the black off before hand?
I'd be interested in doing this for sure! Also.. is it the RustOleum Cardinal Gloss Red spray can that you used?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't like the red, I LOVE IT!!!! Man, does that look good. Bravo to you sir. I may have to steal a bit of your idea there. Hopefully you won't mind.

Once again, very nicely done. :clap::yeahsmile:

·
Registered
58 Posts
hi,

the seat/pillion footpeg trellis is easily removed using a 6 mm hex wrench n a 14 mm open wrench. only 2 bolts n the red reflector to undo. QED. (when installing speedy's lowering kit, the right seat trellis needs to be removed).

rgds

·
Registered
108 Posts
:thumb:
Sweet, those matches are pretty damn good!!! Looks nice, man, that trellis being red gives it a Ducati kind of feeling! Well done!!!
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow! That looks really sharp. One of these days I have to get over my fear of paint cans:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about it? What was the Rustolium color you used? I have to do that mod.
:huh:
I'll try to find the can and see what the sticker says on it. I went to Ace Hardware, and there were only two colors of red in the Rustolium line, and it was the lighter one. Let me give you a tip... Take the little plastic body trim off the side off the bike, you know, the one right under the edge of the seat, only two fasteners... bring it in the store with you and match it to the top of the paint can. It's pretty dang close. I wouldn't use it to touch up scratches in the body, however, with it on a separate part, i.e. the trellis, you can't even tell. In fact, the Rustolium is a closer match to the body paint than the factory paint on the rear coil spring is.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The color is "Sunrise Red". Quite appropriate considering the bike is from the Land of the Rising Sun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts