Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had my Versys since spring '08. After a minor spill this spring, I decided to try my hand at repainting the radiator cowls and side panels. Figured I might as well try before I paid a body shop to do the work. See the pictures below and let me know what you think please!

Upgrades to the bike that you can see in the photos include Two Brothers slip on exhaust, spools for the Pit Bull rear stand, and a switched 12v outlet for a GPS power adapter. Also running Continental Road Attack tires on the bike (probably the best upgrade!).

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Another upgrade to the bike was the addition of a GIPro DS gear position indicator. Mounted it to the lower inside surface of the right windscreen mount. On the handle bar are two attachment points for my GPS and other accessories. Not seen is the SpeedoHealer I had previously added to correct the speedometer.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nice job! Like the location for the gear position indicator too.

·
Premium Member
16,301 Posts
Really Like It. Great Job...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I mounted the Gear indicator there for two reasons.

1) It completely hid the wire by dropping straight down into the slot in the bodywork for the upright.

2) It kinda makes it look like the Angle of Attack indicator on an F16 HUD. :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Better views of the HealTech gear indicator and another angle on the bike.

Thanks for all the positive comments! I love my Versys. Absolute blast to drive. Even more fun after all the upgrades. The Two Brothers Racing M2 exhaust really makes the bike sound great but only after putting in the P1X silencer tip. The stock exhaust was too quiet and the M2 way too loud without the new tip. The Continental Road Attacks gave the bike a much better feel on the road and made it much more flickable. Much more fun in the turns and just feels stuck to the road compared to the stock Dunlops.

I think my next purchase for my Versys will be a Baldwin saddle. I am thinking white stitching to go with the new paint. ;)

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts