Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, put a deposit on a versys today. Candy blue '08 model with 360 miles on the clock. Saved nearly 2000 GBP on the list price, so am happy. Just need to wait until next week to pick it up. Then the fun starts. Now what to buy for it?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Congratulations.

As others will suggest, wait about a 1000miles before you start adding goodies, so you'll get the best bang for your buck/pound!

Stuff I've put on and really like;
H&B crash bars,
Speedy flat foot, mirror extenders and passenger lowering pegs (check out his other stuff at www.motowerk.com).
Givi bracket and 35 topbox,
Throttle rocker and throttle lock.
Twinshack hugger,
Heated gear outlet for gloves and jacket.
TomTom GPS and mounting bracket.

I've stayed with the stock windshield and I like it 5'11" 180lbs 12.8stone, but there are dozen of options out there.

I do a lot of long distance touring (500 miles or so in a day), so also added an Airhawk seat and sheep skin. Again there are numerous aftermarket seat options.

All of the above I would do again after 18 months and 13,000miles.

Enjoy you new toy.

Machog

·
Registered
122 Posts
happy riding

Well, put a deposit on a versys today. Candy blue '08 model with 360 miles on the clock. Saved nearly 2000 GBP on the list price, so am happy. Just need to wait until next week to pick it up. Then the fun starts. Now what to buy for it?
welcome to the family bet you can`t wait to get it on the road, weather still to crappy to get mine out of the garage...keep us informed :thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome. Sure wish i could have had the new blue color. Traded and had to take the 08 red color but will do just fine. As stated above i think you should ride it a little first and then decide what to put on it. I did lower mine and like the ride. Speedys flatfoot is great and should have bought the mirror extenders then. Will have to order them now as i do see my shoulders a lot and i am not that big. guys here are great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts