Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just picked up a used Versys and super excited to get out there and ride. 2011 with 13k miles on it. Seems pretty well maintained, but I'm wondering what upcoming services will have to be done to keep her in good shape. Spark plugs were done at 8k, new tires on, oil and chain are clean and new.

Do i have to worry about any big jobs?

·
Registered
2017 Versys 1000k
230 Posts
First, welcome!

You do - getting out in nature and adding a few more thousand miles immediately!

You might want to have a dealer do a basic 1k mile check. They will change oil, check all the bolts and make sure they’re torqued to spec, and just give it an expert once over. It’s cheap insurance. Your manual will give you service specs and intervals.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Super Moderator
19,141 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Do you 'do' your own maintenance? A lot of us have checked our valve clearances EARLIER than Kawi says it's necessary, and found some that were 'tight'. Suggest you set them to the HIGHER end of the clearances WHEN you do 'do' them, and early seems to be a GOOD thing...!

:goodluck:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do my own maintenance with respect to small, easy jobs. Oil changes, brakes, tires, chains, etc.

I know the 15k service is very involved and expensive, but, unfortunately, things like valves may be beyond me. Fork oil probably needs to be changed as well am I right?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts