Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just bought a new 2017 650 Versys LT to replace by beloved Honda NT 700 that has 80,000 miles and was beginning to act up. This Versys seemed close to my NT. Love it so far. I've already been reading this forum to learn more about the bike.

HLape

·
Premium Member
16,191 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
759 Posts
:welcome:

Don't forget about the chain maintenance! I know you're going to miss the NT's shaft drive but you'll get used to it!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Your new V will be so much fun it will turn Long Island into short island pretty quickly...Lol.

You have some great roads to enjoy. I remember taking a rental car from Jersey across the Tappen Zee and up 9 to Cold Spring for lunch. Full fall color day. Absolutely stunning. Would have been great on a bike.

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been on that road and many others in NY and elsewhere. I put 80,000 on my 2010 NT 700. My wife and I are already planning a trip south looking for a window of decent weather in late February to make our break from the northeast cold down to FL and back visiting friends and family. Can hardly wait. In the meantime, I'm getting my heated gear fitted to the new bike. It's my vehicle for getting around town year round.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello from the other end of the island. Enjoy! I picked my versys after debating on an NC700 and a few others but there wasn’t one locally and the versys was priced better. Been very happy with it so far.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello from the other end of the island. Enjoy! I picked my versys after debating on an NC700 and a few others but there wasn’t one locally and the versys was priced better. Been very happy with it so far.
I considered the NC 700 and the VStrom, but got a good deal on a new 2017 LT. I've put over 100 miles on it and really love it. My wife joined me yesterday. It's a bit tighter than the NT 700 but will work find for extended cruising.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I considered the NC 700 and the VStrom, but got a good deal on a new 2017 LT. I've put over 100 miles on it and really love it. My wife joined me yesterday. It's a bit tighter than the NT 700 but will work find for extended cruising.
Sounds like fun. If you find yourself riding to the point let me know. This is my first full size bike, I had a 200cc for a couple years before this for fun but felt trapped east of the shinnecock b.c it was so buzzy on the highway. The versys has opened up my riding area dramatically since than.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts