Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just picked up a low mileage '09 2 days ago. Is slotted as a replacement for an '01 ZR7S, which I'm keeping for a while to make sure the Versys is a good fit.

So far, I'm impressed. Must admit, I prefer the looks of the ZR, but the engine, riding position, suspension travel, all great on the Versys. The seat however is horrendous, and something I'll need to address.

I'm hoping this bike fits the role for taking 2-3 multiday trips per year, some occaissional commuting, and day rides here and there.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome.. and trust me the V is better =p youlll find yourself riding it more and more and buying more and more things for it

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Well, I can't justify keeping both of them. The V is bike 3, and with three little kids, I barely have enough riding time to justify one bike.

I'll likely put the ZR up for sale in a month or so, but I'm sad to let it go. It's been a very solid bike and I've really grown attached to it. That said, I think the V is going to be a really good replacement.

On my commute to work today I figured out how to make the seat a bit more comfortable too; I took my wallet out of my back pocket...DUH! It was creating a very uncomfortabelpressure point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts