Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Just purchased a new 2016 Versys 650 LT. It was still in the crate at the dealership. Excited to ride again after a 13 year hiatus.
Bike is completely stock and most likely will remain that way for a while...But i'm sure i'll get the mod bug at some point.
Looking forward to exploring Utah more on this now!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Excited to ride again after a 13 year hiatus.
Congratulations!! So many of us back after a 13-year (or longer) hiatus. Great to be on two wheels again. FWIW, it probably took me about 3,000 miles to get totally comfortable back on a bike again (after a 25-year hiatus).

Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome!

I'm back after a *35* year hiatus - my last bike was a Yamaha 250 Enduro that I sold in 1983. Loving my '17 650 so far. Taking it easy as I get my skills polished up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Welcome from down under. I too returned to riding after a long spell. But retained my licence all along - 50 years now. Probably a 'gap' of about 30 years with no bike but did enjoy the demo days from time to time. I came back when my wife decided that as part of her midlife crisis she would learn to ride. So I was back to make sure she did enough practice. I took her on the ride to Gingers Creek the week before her test ( see my post today under 'What did you do...'). She passed her license with no loss of points. Good coaching I reckon.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Thanks
Taking MSF class next weekend in Taylorsville and will have my license complete. Let's ride sometime...
Yes!

There's another forum member here who rides a white '15 V650 but he hasn't been around much lately. I see his bike over at the airport employee parking lot sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts