Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an '09 from Honda Peninsula in Sunnyvale CA this weekend. I rode it up HW9 earlier today and put 50 miles on it so far. I'm so excited about this bike and can't wait till I get it properly broken in.

I'm only 5' 7", so I'm wondering if it is worthwhile to look into lowering it a little. Are there any issues that I should consider before considering that?

Btw, mine is green/black.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
:welcome:, My 08 V was lowered before I brought it by putting a aftermarket shock on it but have also ridden a demo V in stock condition and did not really notice much difference, the shock they put on is inferior to the stock and they should of just brought a lowering kit, I am 5'8 and have no real issues but the V is a tall bike and can be a bit more tricky putting your foot down to stop on un even ground.

·
Registered
577 Posts
no real issues in lowering it, but you might try flattening the seat foam before lowering it, if it's only a bit tall. use the search fxn for all the threads you'll need to make all your mods. hwy 9 rocks, yea? my fave is page mill down that way. congrats, I love my 09, too, after a few key mods.

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
Two way of lowering the V.

1. You can get a short jel seat or high end custom made seats to suit you

2. Get lowering kit form www.motowerk.com

I did both and can flat foot securly. I am 5' 8' and had problem handling the tall V. A lot of info on lowering here.

:goodluck:

:cheers:

·
Registered
775 Posts
:welcome: KRM...Saw your bike in showroom a few weeks back whilst I was shoppin for a dual sport...Saweet...Congrats on the buy...I'm just up the road from you, if ya feel like it we can meet up at Alices some weekend:goodidea:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I'm going to research it more thoroughly. If possible, I'd like to sit on someone's bike who has done the lowering mod to see what is the best choice.

contractor, definitely would love to meet up with fellow Versys owners up at Alices. I'll try to contact you prior to a weekend if I know I'll be heading up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts