Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all.

I recently bought myself a birthday present - a new-to-me 2008 Versys 650. Mine is in obligatory "Passion Red" and came with some nicely spec'd farkles (vario windscreen, Happy-trails Panniers) and low miles.

Because she drew blood the first time out (dismounting with those panniers is tricky), she's already earned the nickname Ygritte, after the red-headed wilding from Game of Thrones.

Pics to come.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Welcome from another '08 red owner. I like the (dry) heat moniker. I remember landing at Luke AFB many years ago at around 7:00 PM and it was hovering around 100 dry degrees. I then understood how a dry roasted peanut must have felt. Funny the things a person remembers.

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,152 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

Welcome from another '08 red owner. I like the (dry) heat moniker. I remember landing at Luke AFB many years ago at around 7:00 PM and it was hovering around 100 dry degrees. I then understood how a dry roasted peanut must have felt. Funny the things a person remembers.
I remember landing at Thule AFB in Greenland (many years ago...) when it was 'hovering' around -45F. I MIGHT have remembered what a "dry roasted peanut must have felt like", except that MINE had retreated so far from the cold that it had gone TOTALLY inside....

:eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for "warm" welcomes. Even today (which is only 100) I find myself wishing there were more warm weather gear available. Unfortunately many here in the Grand Canyon State resort to a "Sun's out, guns out" approach to riding.

...Meanwhile I'm sweating up my mesh jacket.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I remember landing at Thule AFB in Greenland (many years ago...) when it was 'hovering' around -45F. I MIGHT have remembered what a "dry roasted peanut must have felt like", except that MINE had retreated so far from the cold that it had gone TOTALLY inside....

:eek:
THAT IS TRULY HILARIOUS!! :grin2::grin2::grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts