Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just picked up an '09 with 1 mile on it today! Ive been riding Buells for a few years and all of them have a few minor things that should be done to either make them more comfortable or ridable so I was wondering if there are any "must do" mods for the Versys? Thanks in advance- Kevin

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome, Kevin, and congrats!

Gosh, it's such a loaded question you ask. I'm not sure there is one answer to it. I think we all want different things out of our bikes, so I don't think I can say there is something you absolutely must do to the Versys to make it right for you. That said, here's some stuff I've experienced or read that others have appreciated...

I know a lot of people in the 5'5" to 5'8" range like to put the lowering kit on. Others put gel seats, Corbin seats, etc. on but I haven't had an issue with the stock seat for my casual riding style.

I found mirror extenders to be a nice addition. Others will have a lot more advice to give, I'm sure. I mainly just wanted to say "hello!"

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Kman!
Great score on the "low mileage" bike, and as you get to know it better you'll find that this is the place for the low-down on mods.

·
Premium Member
7,849 Posts
:welcome:and congrats.

Nothing much to do, just get the mileage done and you will know what needs to be done.:welcome:

safe ride and ATGATT.

:cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the welcome guys, rode it all day yesterday and Im very impressed with this bike already. Its so much more comfortable to ride than my 1125R, now I just have to get my saddlebags on and take a week off of work! Keep the rubber down-Kevin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts