Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please be patient with me as I am new here. Just picked up a 2008 650 and it is not without problems. I will be searching and worrying the hell out of people for a bit. We'll all get over it soon enough.>:)

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Performance upgrade options

My friend has finally modded his dr650 to the point where he can beat me by about a half a bike length in the quarter mile. Mine is a bone stock 08 versys 650. Whats the easiest or best way to get back on top? Heard a lot of things about the 14t but not sure if that will be enough. The 16t seemed to kill the performance so I swapped back.

·
Registered
807 Posts
My friend has finally modded his dr650 to the point where he can beat me by about a half a bike length in the quarter mile. Mine is a bone stock 08 versys 650. Whats the easiest or best way to get back on top? Heard a lot of things about the 14t but not sure if that will be enough. The 16t seemed to kill the performance so I swapped back.
That's pretty impressive for a dr. One easy way to get back on top would be to stick a piece of foam in his air box intake. >:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
790 big bore, fmf full exhaust, fcr pumper carb. Still rag his ass though, all that to barely beat a stock versys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just bought the 48 rear today, actually before reading your post. The gear reduction should help on the short runs. Wheelies are a problem with the stock gearing when trying to get a good jump. Will I need to add to the chain? Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts