Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
About myself:
Rode from ~1976 - 1984, then didn't ride again until about 5 years ago. Now I'm retired and bikes are my main transportation.

Other bikes:
Way back then:
A Honda 350 Scrambler (not sure about the name) and a Honda CB550F)

Recent bikes:
I bought a Ninja 250 to get my chops back, rode it daily as a commuter and loved its handling, but I needed more punch.

So, about 2 years ago I bought a Ducati ST3, scared the crap out of me for the first six months, but now it's part of me and I love it. However, it was my only bike and I was using it as a commuter, which made it quite unhappy, and has spent a fair amount of time at the dealer's. It wants to hit the highway and isn't content unless it's breaking the law.

For daily use I just bought a 2008 Versys with 17,800 miles that's been cosmetically abused; PO painted it white with a spray can, took off the pillion pegs and grab handles, bar ends, mirrors (!), windscreen, and maybe more. Fortunately he threw the bits in a box and I've been reassembling it. But it runs great and I'm getting used to the upright position.

More details on issues coming as soon as I can enumerate them.

Best,
Kate

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Welcome Kate of Austin from San Antonio.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome Kate

Maybe a course to refresh those instinct, like MSF, so you don't get scared again

Again, welcome, and you will find alot (major alot) of info and people to help about our V on this site

Cheers

LOP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts