Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Like many riders I started out in MX (years ago), turned sportbike nut in my 20's and the natural progression led all the way to cruisers. Currently have a quad, a KX and a KLX in the garage. Just sold my street ride and on the hunt for my first Versys.
I've got questions and this looks like a great place for answers.

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I've got questions and this looks like a great place for answers....
It IS, and you can find out a LOT by using the SEARCH function in the TOOLS prompt in the top line beneath 'Kawasaki'.

:goodluck:

·
Premium Member
16,188 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
:welcome:aboard.

PLEASE POST YOUR SECOND POST HERE IN THIS THREAD YOU STARTED. THANKS.

Great Forum, Great people. just surf or ask and it will be answered.:wink2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As instructed, here's my 2nd post.

I'll try to avoid questions that have been asked before (search), but no promises.
Three reasons I say that;
Answers given a couple years ago may have changed with time.
Most would rather spend a minute or two posting a question and move on, not spend an hour searching old threads to find a similar, non specific question.
New members come along frequently, same question asked months later will likely have different responses.

Hopefully I don't offend anyone with this, not my intention.
I spend time in a number of forums, its not unusual to see posters get crucified for asking a question that's in the archives.
I understand moderators trying to keep repeats down to a minimum, but also see a flip-side to that coin.
My .02

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
As instructed, here's my 2nd post.

I'll try to avoid questions that have been asked before (search), but no promises.
Three reasons I say that;
Answers given a couple years ago may have changed with time.
Most would rather spend a minute or two posting a question and move on, not spend an hour searching old threads to find a similar, non specific question.
New members come along frequently, same question asked months later will likely have different responses.

Hopefully I don't offend anyone with this, not my intention.
I spend time in a number of forums, its not unusual to see posters get crucified for asking a question that's in the archives.
I understand moderators trying to keep repeats down to a minimum, but also see a flip-side to that coin.
My .02
This forum is different from any other I know of, two places to look, first in How To it is alphabetical , stator under S, Polaris under P, Series regulator under S, when it could be under several titles there is a link, such as here;

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/217943-auxiliary-power-see-fusing.html https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/
This is alphabetical:
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/
Some duplicate posts here with discussion as the How To has a minimum member post restriction and members only doesn't, so many threads from How To are copied and then comments are in the member only thread.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/13-member-only-group-rides-other-topics/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spent a bit of time reading some available info here. This IS a very organized forum, well done!

I've been interested in the Versys for years, but never actually rode one until recently. My GF and I did a demo ride at the Columbus AIMExpo. Great event!
Many dealers here don't allow test rides, much less two-up. We took a '19 Versys on a nice long ride covering city, xway, rural roads, and I came back with one conclusion...I gotta get one of these!
I had a Vstar at the time. Sold it that week and am currently on the hunt for a Versys.

My current budget rules out buying new. Looking like I'll end up with a 2-3 yr old, low miles model, but I see a number of those within the budget.

I'll keep you all posted!

·
Super Moderator
19,412 Posts
...My current budget rules out buying new. Looking like I'll end up with a 2-3 yr old, low miles model, but I see a number of those within the budget.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I spent a bit of time reading some available info here.
My current budget rules out buying new. Looking like I'll end up with a 2-3 yr old, low miles model, but I see a number of those within the budget.

Hi Rockr! NW Ohio here. I lurked here most of the summer, and finally picked up a '15 650LT saturday. I lucked out and had a late season sell of my 06 Weestrom, and happened upon a quick easy deal on the 15 Versys LT. I literally only rode a quick test ride when I bought it, just enough to run thru' the gears, then trailered it home. Changed the oil this morning, but currently snowing here, (booo!) so no riding till the cold snap passes. My daughter and family live in Wadsworth,Oh, anywhere near your area? Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rockr! NW Ohio here. I lurked here most of the summer, and finally picked up a '15 650LT saturday...My daughter and family live in Wadsworth,Oh, anywhere near your area? Good luck with your search.
I saw the thread where you posted pics of your new LT, and this falls in the "small world" category...
I recognized the bike as one I'd been watching, I guess it's sold. lol
That looked like a good deal and a nice bike. At least I have one less buyer to compete with now!
Congrats!
I'm 15 minutes from Wadsworth, in Norton.

Seeing as how we have a winter advisory, it might be awhile, but I'd be interested in your take on the Vstrom vs Versys comparison once you get some time in the saddle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Really hilly over your way. Flat as a pancake in my area. Re: the Versys, I almost decided to just wait and get something in the spring, but I knew prices would be higher. There's a '15 with big aftermarket bags, in Springfield. Priced higher, but it's been for sale for a while. He may be ready to deal. And, Genthe powersports has a great price on a low mile 2017. Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but it is: https://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2017-Kawasaki-Versys-650-LT-5007953318

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guess I never posted an update...I finally bought a Versys about 5 weeks ago.
Found a '15 650LT w/ 1400 miles, showroom condition. Original owner, never even ridden in rain. Pretty obvious he rarely ever rode it! I'll easily double that mileage this season.
Only put about 350mi on it so far. Weather has been sketchy but typical for OH..60 one day, 30 the next and I can't ride to work (contractor). It came with a bunch of extras and I've done a couple mods. I already know I'll have this one for awhile!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, I got the green. I really like the orange but never even found one for sale. White is nice too but I'm a sucker for green bikes!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts