Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pick up my new 09 Versys tomorrow. I'm not crazy about the color (green) but I think I could get used to it and it's high visibility (very important in the heavy traffic here). I've been riding my trusty 06 KLR for the last three years and have had a great time on it but now I'm looking for something more streetwise.

Reading the threads in this forum went a long way in convincing me to buy the V. It seems like a great bike and I'm REALLY looking forward to taking it on the twisty Ozark Mountain roads that are within a few minutes ride of my house in Rogers.

I'm thinking about keeping my KLR for the rough gravel roads and creek crossings in the Ozark National Forest but that will depend on how well the V handles that type of surface.

I fell in love with the verticle twin motor many years ago on my 83 650 suzuki (yeah I'm in my mid-fiftys) and I'm happy to see that motor making a come-back especially on a responsive bike like the V.

Like is Good!!

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Congrats. I am not an experienced dirt rider, but the street tires are pretty worthless on gravel roads, but you will really love it on the streets.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I live in Conway. I'm also in my 50's. I got back into bikes about 3 years ago with a DR 650. I found out that I really liked to ride the back blacktop 2 lanes. I bought an 08 Versys about 3 weeks ago, laid it down once at low speed, was not used to being a little top heavy. It's really alot of fun to ride. I believe you will have a blast on yours in the Ozarks .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys! I've had a couple of chances to ride the new bike recently and "Man" is it sweet! It makes my KLR feel like a toy bike (looks like I'll be selling the old dual-sport).

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts