Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After months of researching, and hundreds of test “sits”, I finally took delivery of a ’09 Versys on Tuesday.

The Wife has been so supportive, and enthused after riding a demo bike (not a Versys) earlier this Spring, that I decided to surprise her. So the Versys came with a little brother.

We are both finishing “gearing-up” this weekend and will be taking the MSF course as soon as we can get on the schedule.

I just placed an order for the HB crash bars from Amotostuff to protect against the inevitable drops and I’m looking into a full slider set for the Wife’s Lil’ Ninja.

As you can see from the pics, we both went for the “more visible” Green ones.:D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I linked to another site that I'd already posted them to. Must not be pulling properly from there. I just added to photobucket.com and relinked.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hmm it seems you have made a mistake... RED is the fastest color!!! ... As documented by owners of 2008 US Versys.

Grats on the purchase, its great that you got two bikes that match so well!

Welcome and Cheers! :cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
:welcome:SevenSixTwo I did my MSF course at Karns high school really had a good time. I live right down the road from you. I live in Sweetwater, TN.. When ever you all get situated let me know we can get together and ride. Also I have the MOM (motor cycle operatores manual) questions and answers on my computer if you are interested it will give you a little head start in your course preperation. They are all typed out with the answers filled in it was a good study guide for me. Just let me know and I will send it to you. Again welcome. And good luck. :goodluck:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome neighbor, keep in touch and we will go riding when you get settled.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone.

RedRabbit,
With me on it, none of them will be the fastest! :grinangel: Wobblers don't need speed!
Besides, the Wife is a Scots-Irish Redhead and Green goes sooo well with her hair. :yeahsmile:

Bear,
We didn't go for the matching gear as the Mrs. wanted "feminine"-looking stuff vs. the generic "guy" look. If it were up to me, and my finances, you would SEE me in hi-viz yellow/green/orange head to toe. Being 6'3" ans 260lbs, that would be a lot of color.

Jerryes,
I'm always interested in learning more and being prepared. There is no such thing as wasted knowledge and the day you stop learning is the day you start dying.

Ride safe everyone and I'm looking forward to meeting ya!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Whats with the yamaha shirt, Enjoy the open roads and the kawasakis be safe.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats with the yamaha shirt, Enjoy the open roads and the kawasakis be safe.
The local Kawasaki Dealer also flogs Yamahas. Considering that neither the Wife nor I have our licenses yet, I thought it best to take them up on their offer of free delivery, even if the driver was wearing the wrong team colors. :D

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My last bike was an 82 yamaha 650 maxim paid $500.00 for it, had it for a few years. Now my daughters boyfriend has it, has over 50,000 miles on it and still runs like a top. I like all bikes and brands.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts