Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Its that time of year when the bike is stuck in the garage bcause of winter, and some of us cant keep from upgrading our bikes..

I want to get a new slipon exhaust. Just wondering if any of you have the ixil dual system, and how satisfied you are with it.

Or maybe someone has a system they think is even better? :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Think ill have to check prices on that here in Norway.. The dual ixil is allmost double the price of most other systems. So I dont mind a cheaper one. :thumb:

Edit: Does it come with a o2 sensor hole?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went with a Muzzy and like it just fine. Went on easy, a little louder than I wanted but still not as loud as most harleys. 270 bucks from starcycle.com

·
Premium Member
16,151 Posts
I like my Yoshi for looks and sound.But i have been thinking about trying a Scorpion oneday.

IMG_0452 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Registered
178 Posts
Arrow Slip On...

I like my Yoshi for looks and sound.But i have been thinking about trying a Scorpion oneday.

IMG_0452 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Yeah, I tried the Arrow Pipe for 10,000 miles and it was great...however...my Yoshimura TRC Stainless sounds fantastic :thumb: this Versys at 20,000 is a keeper...Thank You Kawasaki ...Oh...and check out the pipes coming out of the Queen Mary ship behind your terrific photo...I might try a Akropovic Pipe next !

·
Registered
738 Posts
I had a gutted factory muffler, too quiet.
Had a Vance and Hines, sounded awesome but won't work with GIVI 35 saddlebags.
Had a Yoshimura TRC-D carbon fiber muffler. Too loud for long trips, kinda dull drone. Good sound though. Kinda close to the swing arm.
Have (and am using) a LeoVince SBK (can, not the underbody with the carbon tip). It's loud without the db killer, but perfect with the db killer. It's loud under acceleration, and quiet when cruising down the road. I love it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive checked, and it seems the leovince is quite cheap here too. Half the price of the ixil dual can. :p I think i might order one. Once i get the time to visit the shop that is..

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
Here's an aftermarket exhaust comparison that'll give you an idea even if it's in french, with decibels shown compared to stock 89 db @ 4000 rpm, weights compared to stock 6620 grams, and dyno charts (ER6)... Scorpion's exhaust is 1 decibel louder than stock at 4000 rpm, and emits a particularly deep and racy exhaust note as mentioned in the comparison test, with the greatest peak power increase (+1.7 HP) and excellent mid-range gains. Scorpion's single-strand stainless steel packing with a ceramic mesh 'sock' cover never needs re-packing.

http://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/product-details.html?autoid=29

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scorpion-Titanium-Slip-Exhaust-2006-2009-Kawasaki-Ninja-EX-650R-EKA74TI0-/270841987269?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3f0f70c0c5

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-ER6F-ER6N-VERSYS-SCORPION-EXHAUST-S-STEEL-OVAL-/110662798028?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item19c4044acc

·
Registered
770 Posts
An imperceptible change in HP and more noise for the cost of a set of heated gear or a good Arai or Shoei helmet, just my 2cents but it sounds like a low return on investment.

·
Registered
71 Posts
An imperceptible change in HP and more noise for the cost of a set of heated gear or a good Arai or Shoei helmet, just my 2cents but it sounds like a low return on investment.
Agreed. The Scorpion sounds nice, but I really like the look of the stock can. I'm sticking with stock.

CJ

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me, a part of the joy of riding a mc is both feeling and hearing the engine. :) It gives me great joy if i can hear a nice dark raspy note in the background while riding down narrow twisty b-roads. Besides, I normally only ride joyrides, maybe 3-4 hours long. So Im hoping i can find a can that looks good and enchanses the sound. The horsepower just comes as an added bonus if there is any gain. :) Plus, its nice to have a bike that stands out a little.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well heres a update. Ive just ordered myself a leovince underbody can for half the price of an ixil can. Ill post an update of my impressions when i get it and test it. And photos of course. :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, ive considered the akrapovic too. It sounds deep and nice, but i desided to go for the leovinci because it sounds both deep and raspy in the comparisons ive seen. Plus, they claim a nice power gain troughout the revs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I agree that the small performance gain hardly seems worth the trouble or expense. I thought I'd get a Leo Vince but its outlet pipe looks a bit, ahem, like the infamous Limp Sausage so I'll pass. I like the look of the stocker best and don't mind the sound. A droning exhaust is a drag. I wear earplugs to conserve my hearing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts