Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking in the back of the Versys Forum room for about a year...trying to gt a feel for everybody's experiences. I just want to thank everybody for the time they put into the discussions.
I should say that I have just received my motorcycle license at an age where a lot of people are in their rocking chairs. While I am not a senior yet I am eligibe for AARP membership.
I am 6'1" and 185 with a pant inseam of 33". The first reviews of the Versys really caught my eye. It seemed to be exactly what I was looking for in my first bike i.e. urban traffic and light touring. It also had the height I wanted, the standard seating posture and not too large a displacement. There was no other ride that had its combination.
Today was my lucky day. I called a couple of dealers but they were out of stock of new 07's and 08's. However one dealer had an 07 black with only 1200 km's (about 720 miles). Very clean. The price was way too good to pass up. So guys I am now a very pleased owner of a V.
I look forward to getting to know my ride and to do some nice road trips. And I continue to look forward to sharing the experiences and knowledge of all of you.
Ride safely

·
Registered
266 Posts
:welcome:

Nice to find fellow riders from the Montreal area. PM me if you go for a ride, know a lot of nice rides on the south shore!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congrats on getting a great deal and a nice color. In Canada is the AARP known as CARP like AAA is known as CAA? :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
You are quite lucky to get that bike. I love it. Its got the perfect amount of gusto for me. I spent a few days in Montreal in August this summer and got stopped a couple of time by cagers who were very interested in my bike. One of them was KLR 650 owner who loved the throaty sound of the Cherry Bomb muffler I had just put on. Another guy pulled out from behind me into oncoming traffic just to ask me about the bike. Montreal was great.

enjoy what is left of the riding season.

Cheers,
Colin

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Canada the only bottom feeders are the politicians...and they're not worth catching.... I prefer to throw them back...grin.
Glad you liked Montreal... its quite a city in the summer. WInter can be something else but this weekend looks promising for a ride up north to see the leaves.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if anyone cares about this but i have been riding my V for the last few weeks and I am loving the darn thing more everytime I ride it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know what you mean, the more you ride the more you love it. My bike has been sitting for the last couple of weeks due to the weather. You've inspired me to get on my bike tomorrow ( the weather looks okay, 5 degrees, no rain)

Thanks,
Colin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts