Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all - I live in Montana and am looking for a used Versys and any words of wisdom regarding this bike as a used purchase; i.e. what to look for in mileage, condition, previous ownership, etc.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Registered
972 Posts
Welcome from SD..........I looked at an 09' last fall at the Kawasaki dealer. They wanted $4900 with over 17K miles. Had a low seat, lowered, and saddlebags. It had been down on both sides (bags were scraped pretty good). He would only give me 1/2 trade in value ($1200) for the bike I had. I got a gently used 2015 LT (700 miles) from a different dealer (Honda shop). The dealer wanted $7400............I gave them $7200 and they gave me $400 over trade in for the bike I had ($2850 for trade in on an 05' 1500 Vulcan with 50K miles).

As for what to look for.......ask about maintenance (FI tuned, valves adjusted etc.) and look at tires, chain and sprockets.

The V is a nice bike, no doubt about it.

Where about in Montana BTW.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Hi all - I live in Montana and am looking for a used Versys and any words of wisdom regarding this bike as a used purchase; i.e. what to look for in mileage, condition, previous ownership, etc.

Thanks,

Jack
Welcome. I would look for lower mileage bike, and ignore age, just because it will offer better value in the long run, if you factor in resale value. A valve adjustment at 40K miles is very important for longevity of the engine as are regular tune ups and good care. The bike is very reliable as are most Japanese bikes. Look for the usual - crash damage, tires, chain, brake pads, etc.. A rusted or dirt encrusted chain implies poor regular maintenance. You can download the factory service manual free from this site.

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
These bikes are awesome and it is easy to get a nice low mileage bike for a good deal. I bought mine with 2000 miles and got a great deal from a member on this site. My suggestion would be to buy one from this site and have it shipped to you. It only cost 300-400 dollars and you will know the history of the bike. Most will already have some farkle added. Other options are cycletrader,dealers, or CL. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Thanks,

Jack
I have a white 2013 Versys 650 for sale in New Mexico if your interested. PM me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts