Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
looks like there might be some ground clearance issues with that pipe, but for pure street, it's got a novel look to it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
How much louder is it? I leave for work at 6:00AM and don't want to wake up the neighbors (lived here for 30+ years).

·
Registered
779 Posts
Nice! I like the look.

I know Akra are the bees knees for build quality, but they are pricey. How much are they asking for the slip on?

·
Registered
349 Posts
I see that akrapovic has finally introduced a slip-on exhaust that's model specific for the versys. It has an indent for the swingarm that the ninja/er-6 one didn't have for clearance issues.
The dented area is not for the swingarm, but for the footpeg bracket assy. All you had to do with the "old" unit was to space it out on the bottom bolt with a 1/8 spacer and it fits fine. I still question the clearance between the 'arm and pipe though...it still looks tight. See my v under the members gallery................IMG_0992, page 6.

·
Registered
349 Posts
How much louder is it? I leave for work at 6:00AM and don't want to wake up the neighbors (lived here for 30+ years).

ALMOST as quiet as stock, with the spud insert. Without it, THUNDER. Especially on decelleration.......

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought my bike used and it allready had the akra on it so im not sure how to compare it to stock, buy my little brother has a gsx F and my exhaust is much louder and meaner sounding than his, he even said he was jelous lol. About waking up the neighbors, i wouldnt worry about it its not that loud, i also have an 83 honda vf 1100 with straight pipes and that will just about wake up the dead !!! Its not even funny.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts