Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Here I am back with the mandatory post #2. I don't mind - anything that helps stop hackers and spammers is good by me. I just recently moved up to a 2011 Versys 650 from a Honda Rebel 250. I have only been out about 5 times, but really like the Versys. The previous owner did one mod that you would never figure anybody going to the expense to do. If I can add a picture, my quiz for all of you is "what is not right about this 2011 Versys"? If I can't add a pic on this post, I will try in 48 hours. Good luck on your quiz.:wink2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,107 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Does it have the newer style radial brakes in the front?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CONGRATULATIONS !! Arion wins the quiz. He or she get a free meal and drinks the next time they are in Tucson, AZ. It is a 2011 which came stock with red plastic bodywork. The previous owner went to the trouble and expense to remove that and add white 2013 bodywork. He was pretty anal about keeping all bolts to spec, and oil changes and did ALL work himself. Unfortunately, that left off a couple of the 7500 mile service things (it now has 10K miles) like syncing the throttle bodies. So I have that bogging down if you turn the throttle all the way off suddenly. I can live with it until I need something else done by the shop. It does have a 44 tooth sprocket in back and I added some grip tape to the throttle, so some of that jerkiness is already smoothed out. That and keeping the revs a little higher in corners keeps me away from that bogged down feeling. Chuck

·
Super Moderator
18,983 Posts
...If I can add a picture, my quiz for all of you is "what is not right about this 2011 Versys"? Good luck on your quiz.:wink2:
I was gonna say - the VERSYS sticker from below the KAWASAKI has gone... somewhere...!

:welcome:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts