Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Micah. I am 45 years old. Started riding motorcycles in my late 30's. I have owned 3 cruisers. This is my first Adventure bike. After riding cruisers I thought couldn't anything ride any better. I was shocked when I got on this 2013 Versys 650. The rider position on the bike was a lot different than I was used to. This bike handles like a dream. As soon at the wheels make a 1/2 turn this thing is setting up level. Perfectly balanced. The engine lugs at 3000 rpm and below but once you get above that you better hang on. The bike is rather tall, I can't sit on the bike flat footed. I'm on my tip toes which is not bad considering the bike is very light and I can walk it around without any troubles. It handles the twisties like a sport bike. No regrets what so ever. Love the bike. Just wonder why I don't see more of them on the road.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hi, my name is Micah. I am 45 years old. Started riding motorcycles in my late 30's. I have owned 3 cruisers. This is my first Adventure bike. After riding cruisers I thought couldn't anything ride any better. I was shocked when I got on this 2013 Versys 650. The rider position on the bike was a lot different than I was used to. This bike handles like a dream. As soon at the wheels make a 1/2 turn this thing is setting up level. Perfectly balanced. The engine lugs at 3000 rpm and below but once you get above that you better hang on. The bike is rather tall, I can't sit on the bike flat footed. I'm on my tip toes which is not bad considering the bike is very light and I can walk it around without any troubles. It handles the twisties like a sport bike. No regrets what so ever. Love the bike. Just wonder why I don't see more of them on the road.
Seems a fair amount of Carolina riders on here, Welcome !
I'm not far from you, I'm in Greensboro!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yea, cruiser bikes are good for putt putting around America but offer little to no excitement. Sport bikes are really good for excitement, but offer little to no long term comfort. The Versys gives you a great mix of the two; you can cruise around at low speeds and then drop into a corner and twist your wrist!

Congrats and welcome.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
Yea, cruiser bikes are good for putt putting around America but offer little to no excitement.
I was just coming home from the gym & stopped at the traffic lights, & a Harley with obligatory fat chick on the back pulled up beside me & went full throttle away when they turned to green!!!!:)

I "melted" him within 100ft & then proceeded to accelerate away till he was a mere speck in my mirrors!

PS, I was driving the Miata at the time!!!>:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Micah, I think you don't see many of them (Versys') is because you do see alot of Harleys!!!:wink2:
There are a lot of Harleys in my town but there are just as many other bikes. As far as adventure bikes go I see a lot of V-Stroms, a Triumph Tiger or two. There is a lot of crotch rockets and dual sports also. Just not any Versys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems a fair amount of Carolina riders on here, Welcome !
I'm not far from you, I'm in Greensboro!
Cool! Greensboro is about and hour and a half from the house.If I am ever up that way I'll give you a shout. I have friends up in Salisbury and Concord. I ride with them every now and then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your Versys. I had a Vulcan 900 Custom a couple of years back but really prefer standard/sport bikes and ADV. I *really* like the Versys. It has great flickability and yet is tall and comfortable. Great bike...

Reactions: Micah1
1 - 13 of 13 Posts