Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

I joined this site in anticipation of buying a 2011 Versys 650 this coming weekend. Currently bikeless, but have owned several cruisers and 2 KLR650's in the past. I wanted to get away from the cruisers into something more sportbike-like plus save some $$$ on gas. My current ride ('87 Chevy Silverado) drinks about $25 a week on gas!

Anywho, this coming weekend won't get here soon enough and I can't wait to have a bike again.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Greetings!

I joined this site in anticipation of buying a 2011 Versys 650 this coming weekend. Currently bikeless, but have owned several cruisers and 2 KLR650's in the past. I wanted to get away from the cruisers into something more sportbike-like plus save some $$$ on gas. My current ride ('87 Chevy Silverado) drinks about $25 a week on gas!

Anywho, this coming weekend won't get here soon enough and I can't wait to have a bike again.

Welcome. And $25 a week is sipping - not drinking. I get 12-14 mpg on good days in my Tundra.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boght the bike. Now waiting for shop to do a full service and slap on new rubber. It might be done this weekend. If not, I'll have to wait until next weekend to get it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brought the bike home today. I got a nice hour long ride with it. Have to say, of all the bikes I have ever owned , this one is the most comfortable. The ergo's are surprisingly good. Looking forward to going on some serious runs soon.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 2011 owner. Although mine is far from Stock any longer. :thumb: What type of riding do you plan on doing with it?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from a fellow 2011 owner. Although mine is far from Stock any longer. :thumb: What type of riding do you plan on doing with it?
Mainly commuting to and from work. I want to do some weekend traveling as well. I will prolly keep my bike stock aside from luggage and handle bar gadgets.

I was surprised to find myself flat footed when sitting on it. Other than that, can't wait to ride again.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome :) $25 a week isnt bad i use to go thru that a day then some when i was a parts runner for LKQ

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess $25 a week isnt horrible. I could be driving a jeep! But when compared to $14 every 2 weeks on the bike, that makes a big difference. Besides, I need to get some work done on my truck before winter hits and having a second vehicle helps.

Ill try to get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's a pic my Dad took the day I took possession of it. I look bigger on it than I feel. I kinda hoped I wouldn't be flat footed while on it. I know I'm not on a stock KLR650 with it being 1.9 inches taller. Does the rear end look shortened?

I'm 6' 2" with 33 inch inseam and weight about 220lbs. I'm definitely more legs than torso!

The real sucky part about getting this bike is I gave away all (except helmet) my riding gear in March/April when I sold my VN900. I had a nice waterproof jacket, riding gloves and a FirstGear Torrent 40L duffle bag (really nice bag for the money and is just about everything-proof). So, I gotta penny pinch for a while to get another jacket, pair of gloves, a full-face helmet and some sort of water-proof luggage.

BTW, I'd like to promote the dealer I bought the bike from. Shop is called Bobz Bikz (www.bobzbikz.com) located in Kingman, KS. I have bought 90% of my bikes from them and they are good people. When I bought my Versys, I had asked about tires and service. They emailed me back telling me they were going to do a full service and put on new rubber front and back! They didn't charge me anything extra for the work. They asked $4500 for it, which is below NADA low retail. These folks are not shy about pointing out flaws found on their bikes either. So, I have to give them a big :thanx: ! I highly recommend them! :thumb:

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts