Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put cash down on a new 2010 back Versys. I should take delivery of it this friday, which is supposed to be a day of EXCELLENT weather here in mid michigan. I look forward to a long spin on the new V... gotta get acclimated to the new scoot. Previous bike was a 86 YX600, so i'm thinking the riding position should be somewhat similar. I would imagine that is about the ONLY similarity. I am giddy with anticipation and cant wait for friday to get here!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the club :welcome: Your gonna love it!

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
I just put cash down on a new 2010 back Versys. I should take delivery of it this friday, which is supposed to be a day of EXCELLENT weather here in mid michigan. I look forward to a long spin on the new V... gotta get acclimated to the new scoot. Previous bike was a 86 YX600, so i'm thinking the riding position should be somewhat similar. I would imagine that is about the ONLY similarity. I am giddy with anticipation and cant wait for friday to get here!!
:welcome: is your 2010 the ABS version?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
congradulations, you are going to love the V, Have fun.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a week delay, I am now the proud owner of a black on black on black 2010 Versys! Picked 'er up saturday. I was amazed at how tall it is! I stand 6 foot even, with a 32 inch inseam and can bearly sit flat footed, but the height makes for a great view over traffic. They must have redesigned the seat, because I find it most comfortable...no intention of a replacement. I find the mirrors very ample... no intention of replacing them either. I debadged it yesterday morning after a hefty application of some goo-gone, and it looks great. Right out of the gate I found it easy to handle. I was a bit apprehensive at first, mostly due to not having ridden in about 4 years, but I had no issues. It DOES tend to want to creep up in speed, so that will take some getting used to... I believe the more I drive it the more I will love it...if that's possible....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Forgot to attach pictures!

I look forward to finding/making more chrome Black Lable Society decals for the V, which now rebadged has been dubbed the BLS - Berzerker!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
:welcome: I'm new to the forum (and V) too and understand your excitement.

you've made a good choice! i bet the U.P. is calling... me too, but harder to answer from So Cal.

:goodluck:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts