Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm a new member. Passed my license a few months ago and am buying my first motorcycle.
I have some motorcycles on the list but Versys seems to come out first all the time. As I am new to the motorcycle scene I hope these forums will give quality information and answers to my (not to much I hope) newbie question.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome Cletus :clap: You should consider taking a MSF rider class. They usually provide the bikes (VERY helpful when attempting to master a skills maneuver) You will be way ahead of the pack and you will be taught the RIGHT way to ride, so you start off with no bad habits :thumb: They are worth every dollar. As for the Versys, you will find TONS of great folks and information about it here.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Welcome Cletus :clap: You should consider taking a MSF rider class. They usually provide the bikes (VERY helpful when attempting to master a skills maneuver) You will be way ahead of the pack and you will be taught the RIGHT way to ride, so you start off with no bad habits :thumb: They are worth every dollar. As for the Versys, you will find TONS of great folks and information about it here.
:welcome: Ditto what Jeff said..its fun too!
The Versys is a better first bike than most. Its one you can keep!

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts
:welcome: Ditto what Jeff said..its fun too!
The Versys is a better first bike than most. Its one you can keep!
Times 3... :thumb: - :thumb: - :thumb:

:welcome:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome! You really can't go wrong with the Versys! It's my third bike and I'm still enjoying it after two years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome! You really can't go wrong with the Versys! It's my third bike and I'm still enjoying it after two years.
Quoting as this is exactly what I'm expecting of a Versys. I want a bike that will serve me well for years, I'm not keen on changing my bike every year etc.

@AlaskaJeff: I will update my location, I'm from Europe and I already passed my 'A' drivers license (A is unlimited motorcycle category). The license takes 20 hours + 1 final exam ride and the instructor really went above and beyond in teaching me the ropes of safe riding.
Still I will need practice on the road and think a Versys might the best bike for me to do so.

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
:welcome: enjoy your new bike and ride safely. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,442 Posts
Quoting as this is exactly what I'm expecting of a Versys. I want a bike that will serve me well for years, I'm not keen on changing my bike every year etc....
FWIW - I have two Vs, my '08 has about 56,xxx miles, and my Canadian '09 has about 52,xxx kms, BOTH bought new (Sept '08 and Nov '10), and I can't see getting rid of either.

:yeahsmile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts