Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo I'm jake..the snake.. 09 versys rode stock for the first year, ready to start modding, any basic tips would be appreciated

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the family :welcome:
If you have been riding your 09 for a year now, you probably have a pretty good idea of what you would like to modify or improve. The sky's the limit with mods: it all depends on if you want to make it a more capable adventure touring bike, or a straight ADVersys, or a canyon carver, or a _______ you fill in the blank. Just grab some of your favorite beverage & snacks, pull up a comfy chair and start reading through the threads in the modifications section. You WILL find the answers to many if not all your questions.
Good luck :thumb:
And if you get stuck figuring something out just shoot me or any of the regulars a PM and we'll be happy to help.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.............HIDE YOUR CREDIT CARDS NOW!! Once you catch the modding fever, it's hard to shake it!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: Ask away if you're curious about a particular thing. Lots of folks here have modded their Vs six ways from Sunday and have good information regarding the value, quality, etc. of most items people bolt to their ride.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome MR.snake

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, wasn't expecting such a warm welcome! I was told you guys are the best but didn't expect that lol. I'm looking to do some power upgrades. Riding wheelies is my current favorite style of riding haha. Vacuum hose is probably the first thing I'll try. The reason I joined you guys is to try to get some solid info about aftermarket exhaust, and if I need/should buy the 450$ power commander. Just got off work, time to do some digging ! any points in the right direction will be greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
16,222 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^thank you! You are exactly what I was looking for! Now I've got a couple hours of googling all of your parts ahead of me lol! Beautiful bike, mine's the same color, but a hell of a lot more plain. Performance is going to be my first endeavor, work on the body aftwrwards=) thanks again

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome Jake. I've been in for about a year and it's true - everything you can imagine you can do for the V can be found in this forum. My latest ... finally taken the plunge and purchased a LeoVince Underbody after much reading (and listening) from others on this site. Lots of relatively objective information. I especially appreciate those here who have done the research, made the comparisons, and have reported the results. Yup, this site has been a fantastic educational resource during my V ownership and continues to inspire. Have fun and ride safe!: :cheers:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Leo exhaust

I purchased it overseas (Italy to be exact) from this company: http://www.emlineamoto.com/en/8242.html?pk_campaign=Google-Shopping

From what I gather, this is a good price. With shipping to Cali (which will likely take a while...I'm sure), I paid $366.83. Not the cheapest pipe out there, but it's the one that met my needs: not too loud, not too visually obnoxious, great sound!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts