Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! New soon-to-be rider in three days and getting sucked right into the adventure world. I have a friend with a Tiger 800XC and another with a Vstrom. Figured I would change it up and try a Versys. Hopefully it's kind to me!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think you made the right choice.
I tried the Tiger before I purchased my Versys. Nice bike, but I couldn't see where the extra $5k was going.
It would be nice to know how you think it compares to you friends bikes once you have spent some time riding with each other (performance etc)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly he's been quite bothered by a strange vibration as of late. He took it to the dealer and the mechanic said "Yeah, I can feel what you're talking about but there's nothing I can do about it." This is making him want to switch to a GS haha I'm definitely looking forward to getting some experience though.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes. People complain about the vibes on the Versys. When I rode the Tiger I thought the engine vibes were on par with the Versys (the Mk2) In fact, a relative of mine has a 1995 T'Bird & I thought that was smoother than the 800.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
Welcome. The Versys is a sport bike, not an adventure bike. I have mine all decked out in adventure farkles, but it is still a sport bike at heart. Mine is now a Street Adventure bike. I call it my backroads tourer.

Sure it can do smooth gravel roads, but so can any bike out there when in the hands of a skilled rider.

Good luck with it, but don't get sucked into riding it places where it shouldn't be ridden without major modifications. Larger front wheel, dual sport tires, and a lot of crash and bang protection.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts