Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just joined as I bought my Black 08 Versys 650 last weekend. I would like to thank everybody for their informative posts which are keeping me busy looking at potential issues and general diy information. My bike is a 1 owner with 10.5k miles and seems in really good order. I have fitted an Evotech Performance rad guard (very well engineered) and ordered Motech crash bars and a Speedy Flatfoot. So far I have just done 50 miles to get the bike home from the dealer and apart from the expected vibes everything seemed ok. My last bike was a DRZ400 so vibes should be OK and the seat is way more comfy. I found the DRZ suspension much plusher so will need to soften up the Versys as it jarred over potholes and seems a bit stiff, so work to do there. I will do my own servicing etc so all the informationon here has been brilliant, thanks again for that :)
Regards,
Martin

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome. I hope the weather stays fine this weekend so I can get the bike out for a proper run. I received the SW Motech bars in about 4 days , from Germany, so that was really good service. I will try to fit them tonight and hopefully be up and running tomorrow. The front mounts will need shims as there is a gap on the right of 2-3 mm from engine to frame but thankfully no signs of the weld cracking.
Regards,
Martin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Anxious to see what you do with your suspension. I came from a DR 650 myself and noticed my Verys is rather jarring compared to it. Also, I noticed the Versys pushes out of the corner to the point it has slowed me down and has made me a bit uncomfortable. I'm hoping that just contributes to the rear shock needing a much needed adjustment.

·
Super Moderator
19,121 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Anxious to see what you do with your suspension. I came from a DR 650 myself and noticed my Verys is rather jarring compared to it. Also, I noticed the Versys pushes out of the corner to the point it has slowed me down and has made me a bit uncomfortable. I'm hoping that just contributes to the rear shock needing a much needed adjustment.
Definitely needs adjustment, the V corners beautifully.

See this: http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=705

1 - 12 of 12 Posts