Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just signed up 'cause I wanted to comment on a few posts.
I am the inventor of the Helmet Hook and one of the guys that bought the Helmet Hook from me posted it here and I wanted to comment on some of the responses.

I ride a V-Strom 1000 which I'm not sure I like and next year, I'm looking to possibly get another bike.

Maybe the Versys or maybe even the new Honda CTX700 although getting it now is not a good idea as there will be a severe lack of accessories, luggage mounting hardware and so on.

Anyway, this is the thread I wanted to reply to but I got a message that I had to have a couple of posts before I could do this (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25049).

Thanks

George

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
Hi guys, I just signed up 'cause I wanted to comment on a few posts.
I am the inventor of the Helmet Hook and one of the guys that bought the Helmet Hook from me posted it here and I wanted to comment on some of the responses.

I ride a V-Strom 1000 which I'm not sure I like and next year, I'm looking to possibly get another bike.

Maybe the Versys or maybe even the new Honda CTX700 although getting it now is not a good idea as there will be a severe lack of accessories, luggage mounting hardware and so on.

Anyway, this is the thread I wanted to reply to but I got a message that I had to have a couple of posts before I could do this (http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25049).

Thanks

George

:welcome: Well theres not a shortage of farkles for the Versys....Heres my short list.:D http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20013

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Holy cra* that's a lot of stuff.

Well, I'm sure then than you understand why I might want to wait and not get a bike that just came out or will be out in a month :)

Dude, that's a lot of stuff!

Of course, it DOES lack at least ONE thing... :p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:welcome: Hook is an excellent idea! :thumb:

What do you mean severe lack of accessories? :eek:
Thank you sir. $13.95 shipped for forum members ( a few bucks more for outside of the US) and as for the accessories, I meant the new Honda CTX700. It'll prolly be awhile before there is a good selection of stuff for it.

Seems like it would suit me though :)

George

·
Super Moderator
18,822 Posts
...as for the accessories, I meant the new Honda CTX700. It'll prolly be awhile before there is a good selection of stuff for it.

Seems like it would suit me though :)

George
Be SURE to note the fuel-filler UNDER the seat, so ANYTHING strapped to the seat needs to be removed EACH fill!

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
Holy cra* that's a lot of stuff.

Well, I'm sure then than you understand why I might want to wait and not get a bike that just came out or will be out in a month :)

Dude, that's a lot of stuff!

Of course, it DOES lack at least ONE thing... :p

Yep but my helmet doesn't have D-Rings. I just latch it onto the handlebar grip.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be SURE to note the fuel-filler UNDER the seat, so ANYTHING strapped to the seat needs to be removed EACH fill!
I like the little storage box they have in the tank :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep but my helmet doesn't have D-Rings. I just latch it onto the handlebar grip.
If you're referring to the helmet hook, you don't have to have d rings. It works with all different helmets and if I'm allowed to post a link, I can show you guys.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, Goat and the others :)

·
Super Moderator
16,057 Posts
If you're referring to the helmet hook, you don't have to have d rings. It works with all different helmets and if I'm allowed to post a link, I can show you guys.

Oh, and thanks for the welcome, Goat and the others :)

Post It...:thumb:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you close your strap so to speak, you can hang it that way.
You can hang it in the D rings.
You can hang it on the ratcheting part and
you can hang it on the male side of the buckle so to speak
because the opening/bend isn't wide enough to let something slip through.

http://www.extuff.biz/helmethook/helmet-hook-product-page-march-18-2013.htm

I should have taken pics of my own helmet with all these options but I keep forgetting to take the camera with me :(

Also, if someone here hangs out an ADV (Adventure RIder), here's the sales thread which has pics from other users...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865638

Come to think of it, I don't have a single pic of my bike and my helmet so they're all from other users. One of the reasons is that my bike's been in the shop pretty much since I got it :(

I am working on a new site but for now, if someone is interested, here's the regular page...

Again, you guys get $5 off.

George

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, didn't want to write too much about it here as I didn't know the rules.

Those wanting a hook, just PM me here. The new site will have coupon codes and so on but paypal which is what I'm using now isn't really set up for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys, can someone direct me to a moderator so that I can check if I'm following the rules and all that before I get myself booted.

Link to a mods page here in the forum would be helpful.

Thanks

George

1 - 15 of 15 Posts